Performance loss. (gaming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shroomz

Baseband Member
Hi all I have a prob, my computer used to be fast and I had alot of FPS. I play Counter-Strike: Source alot, and i used to get 120-140 fps, but now its around 70-100. Whats wrong I updated my drives scanned for viruses and such things, I dont know what to do Ive only had this rig for 2 months.

AMD 4000 San Diego
EVGA 7800GT
2x Seagate Barracuda 120g in Raid 0
Corsair XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB)
ASUS a8n-32 SLI

each CS update may affect the fps, and that performance is still higher than needed. (we can only see a max of 60 FPS).

Try other games....

Diabetic said:
(we can only see a max of 60 FPS)

That is a major misconception! Its like saying you can't see the difference between 60Hz and 85Hz refresh rate on a CRT monitor (which I bet you can). Our eyes see life in a constant stream, but our brain can generally notice things that happen in 1/200th of a second (or in other words, 200FPS).

magouster said:
That is a major misconception! Its like saying you can't see the difference between 60Hz and 85Hz refresh rate on a CRT monitor (which I bet you can). Our eyes see life in a constant stream, but our brain can generally notice things that happen in 1/200th of a second (or in other words, 200FPS).

Yea our brain can notice things that are mind can't but it's pointless when gaming. Because those thoughts are stored in a part of your brain where you don't even realize you've seen something. You know like subliminal messages on T.V. you don't realize them but your mind stores it.

Scientifically they have found you only need like 40 fps and you have smooth gameplay. You wouldn't be able to tell a difference if you upped your fps to 100. The comparison you made is wrong it would actually be like being able to tell the difference between 100Hz and 150Hz refresh rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom