Which pentium to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torps

Beta member
Is the "HT" technology in the pentium 4's really worth it? It's supposed to help multitasking, which my computer can't handle. I have a celeron at 1.8 with 384 megs of ram, but it just can't handle enough things at once. I think the motherboard socket is 478... should i go with a regular pentium 4, athlon or the HT. What I really want is a media center pc... but those are little pricey, esspecially because I have the optical drives, the hard drives, sound card and memory that I want, I would be buying a lot of extras.

ht. I dont see any difference between no ht and ht. And i am a intel freak. But i dont care what benchmarks or people show/say intel is just as good as multi tasking as amd. Ht really doesn't cost you anymore so go ahead make sure it has a 800fsb on it though. reason your celly dont multi task so well is because of 128k of cache low clock speed and low 400fsb. My intel 3ghz 800fsb 512cache Ht runs smooth as a cat and can have almost 5 games open at once without any troubles and no lag. intel 2.6c is the sweet spot right now for cpus

thanks, right now im looking at aberdeeninc.com to build a custom pc, do you think that is the best (cheapest) place?

well cache is basically saved intrucsions. more you have more you can save and less time to find or renew the intructions. because when all space is taken up intructions become over writed in the cahce or when the space is full the cache just writes an intruction and than doesn't save it. And i didn't say same programs that you were insisting i said 5 games. meaning 5 differant ones meaning its not using same packits so you can compare that.

mostly for having multipul things running you would probly need to look at having more ram either a 512mb or a 1024mb which isnt taht expensive now a days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom