Pentium or Athlon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,I have to reply as i just upgraded from my 1.4 athlon,and went to the darkside Intel. here's what i got.

2.66 overclocked to 3.3 stable as a rock
Gigabyte GA8INXP mobo
2x256 Kingston 2700 HyperX running in dual channel mode.
I have not upgraded anything else.

and my system beats a 3.06 pentium by about 600 points in sisoft sandra bench.

sorry to say it might be the darkside,but i think i'm stayin.

Just my 2 bits.And BTW,I got this stuff for just alittle over 6 bills,
and this was back in febuary.:cool: so it wasn't really that expensive.

Re: Simply Athlon

c11gordo2 said:
Oh yeah, and that bus speed thing... Check the stat's AMD's bus in only at 400 MHz top, but Intel's is 533 MHz.

here you only prove your stupidity, did you not see the linbk in the last post i submitted? it tkaes you straight to the intel site where they release, wait for it... the 800mhz fsb chipset! you should really check your info before you post, it makes you look stupid

and in case you missed it, here it is again:

intel's p4 chipsets here

FSB Speeds

The point was simple put that Intel's FSB is faster than AMD's. This just enunciates that fact that Intel's is faster; and yes I see your point the new one is faster than the 533 MHz.

Thank you for the correction, without it these types of forums would be useless. Let's just try to be constructive...

Athlon RulZ

Well clearly Athlon is the BEST not only it is faster and runs better with hardley any hiccups it is da best cause it Just Is so there!

I like my AthlonXP for its excellent price/performance ratio, but I like my P4 for its HyperThreading and wicked memory bandwidth. It all depends what you're doing and how much money you've got to spend ;)

þÄ®âÐÖx has the best answer. For running many apps at a time P4 is best since it has hyperthreading. For games though hyper threading does aboslutely nothing and a Barton 3000+ wipes the floor with the P4 3.06ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom