Pentium 4 3.6!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thing will run anything you throw at it i would get that in a heart beat if i had the money,Intel is the way to go if you want an all around machine that will do it all,Amd is good 2 but they're mostly better for gaming.

ok AMD for gaming and P4's for everything else. P4's also keep up w/ AMD in gaming but its not the best. Go w/ the P4 its your better bet and it will help greatly in all the other stuff you want to do. Even though you could look into an AMD Athlon MP. Quite pricey though.

i do the same stuff your looking to do with it....

i am in the process of purchasing the same processor that your looking at. The main reason, you can get setup with the vid card, good memory(btw stick with registered, ecc memory for what your doing), mobo and the processor for less than going with the fx-53 processor.

btw if you really want to look towards the amd processors....look at the fx-53 and thats it. dont get anything less for what your doing. as you'll see, going the p4 way will be a lot cheaper.

Yea, I've been hearing that the Hyper-threading of the 3.6 will really benefit me. I often have MANY intensive programs open at the same time, and my OLD, dinky P4 1.8 and 256mb of memory can't even begin to think about running things in a stable matter. For instance, a second ago I had 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, and Director all open and running, with Media Player playing songs in the background. Switching between apps is glitchy and takes a long time, and switching between tracks in media player is begging the computer to freeze, or at the very least take FOREVER to comply. I can't wait to get my new system! I'm glad to hear that the 3.6 & 2gb of mem will do what I need and then some. I'm looking forward to getting some excellent gaming performance out of it too. I just ordered Far Cry and Doom 3:cool:

I have nothing against AMD, and I realize that 64-bit is the way of the future. But like I said, my discount and familiarity with the Pentiums outweighs 64-bits...32 of which have yet to be utilized by really any apps. When Intel releases their 64-bit chip (whenever that is:confused:), I'll probably upgrade. With my discount the loss I take won't be too horrible. I would wait but I need a new computer NOW. I just can't be productive here on my home machine anymore.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Also, one other thing...What is the difference between the X800 Pro and the X800 Platinum?? Is the difference significant enough to validate dropping and extra $150 on the platinum?

I would get a 6800GT and OC it to Ultra speeds. The Nvidia cards are way better than the X800's by far. Oh BTW im not just saying that cause of my name, you can look at alot of other posts and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom