Pentium 4 3.6!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

self

Solid State Member
Going AMD isn't the way I want to go. Price isn't all that important, but I'm not looking to get an Extreme Edition.

I just want to know would the P4 3.6 be any good? Not only for gaming, but also for 3d animation and rendering, graphic design, multitasking, and programming. Is this chip any good? I'm looking to pair it with 2gb of mem, a 148gb RAID0 @ 10k, and an X800 or 6800 ultra. I'm not looking to have the most blazing system on the market, but I want a system that will do what I mentioned above along with run any game on the market without a hitch. Will this do it for me? Like I mentioned above, I'm NOT trying to find the best bang for the buck and AMD isn't the route I want to take at the moment.

AMD 64-bit is good and popular in the markets?
why don't you consider of buying it?

when does Intel has supplied the P4 3.6Ghz to the market?

but if it really does, then it may attract a lot of people to buy...

Well, the main reason for my wanting Intel only is that my job allows me to get them at a pretty good discount.

So the 3.6 is capable of doing all of the things I mentioned in my original post? With the gaming performance, although the EE and 64 may be better overall, will the 3.6 still run games at the highest setting without any really noticable flaws? Or will I experience a horrible frame rate and only be able to run at low resolutions?

Sounds like someone needs to do some white-paper reading. :D

AMD makes processors that will keep up with Intel's P4s easily. Plus you won't have to buy the special RAM or one of those cinder-block-sized heatsinks.

It's really a matter of personal preference...and how big your wallet is...

To get a 3.6GHz CPU and 2GB of RAM togther with a x800 or a 6800 will do a really good job for most things. I dont think you'd have any probs running new games or doing video editing and animation. Just make sure to get a good quality motherboard to tie everything together.

Ok, thanks everyone. Yea, I know that AMD may be the better bang for the buck at retail prices, but like I said, I get a discount and plus, I'm not all that concerned about the price(as long as it's not an Extreme Edition! hehe). I just wanted to make sure that the non-EE P4s are able to at least render animation and run games without glaring deficiencies. If anyone else has anything to add, lemme hear it!

ul be able to play all games at high settings.. its still a VERY fast processor. Its jsut a few frames difference with the top of the line 64 bit AMDS. Pl us if ur into video editing and all, its a good choice. I would get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom