PDA "Projection" Keyboards - have you used one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I'm taking the cheap way out...some of my classes allow you to use computers for notes, and instead of buying a good 'ol laptop, I'm just going to use my PocketPC. Now, the question is, a "real" keyboard or a projection keyboard?

Have any of you had any experience with these? For example (click here)

If they work as good as they claim, it'd be handy as it would be "silent" versus the standard ones...

So yeah, anybody? :D

Actually, this is the first place I saw it:

ThinkGeek, not quite as bad, but still up there at $180!

I'd definitely go for it...if I knew anyone who used it (which I don't, most people still find PDA's too "geeky" hah!), it just seems like having your hand at rest, or pressing the "Y" covering the first few rows...could trigger some unwanted effects...:p

Very interesting, nonetheless, and would definitely be fun to try, but a steep price at that, as you suggested!

Yes, I can see it may be a bit unpractical. Well, let's see if someone can provide us with some feedback on it, though to be honest, I doubt anyone here has ever tried one.

Try looking up a review in Google, maybe you get lucky.

nitestick said:
^ditto. it's just a pretty piece of hardware. pretty yes, practical no. and i could guarantee there would be some major flaws in the way it works.

Yeah, that and this:
Rechargeable battery lasts for 120 minutes of continuous typing

120 minutes...that's two classes tops! I guess I'll go with a standard, now the question is...bluetooth or direct via the adapter? I'd guess bluetooth would be more of a battery drain...but I don't know - how about that - can anyone say port vs bluetooth? :D

Although...the looks I'd get in class...would be oh-so-funny!

talldude123 said:
I've used one of those "Palm" keyboards that cost about $60 for the PDAs, they're foldable, easy-to-use, I don't even know how that keyboard works that you showed me...

http://www.amazon.com/PalmOne-Portable-Keyboard-Palm-Handhelds/dp/B00004RC2I

Cool, that's 100% not at all what he was asking.

Vormund - "Hey dudes, have you used that projection keyboard?"

talldude123 - "No, but I've used an ordinary keyboard!"

How is that an answer?

The General said:
Cool, that's 100% not at all what he was asking.

Vormund - "Hey dudes, have you used that projection keyboard?"

talldude123 - "No, but I've used an ordinary keyboard!"

How is that an answer?

jesus... let him be!?!

its on the topic of portable keyboards for use with a palm top, which is exactly what talldude posted. if the thread starter wanted to say something like that ^^^ he would have...

"a "real" keyboard or a projection keyboard?"

differs slightly from your description of the conversation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom