PDA buying advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshall5

Baseband Member
I'm very close to buying an HP HX4705 handheld PDA. The reason being is I basically want the most up-to-date and highest performance PDA out right now, coupled with best resolution that is. I haven't kept up to date with pda's since the HX came out, so I really don't know if this is still the best choice for a high resolution PDA. Is there currently another PDA on the market that blows this thing out of the water, or is the HP still a good choice? Again I'm looking for best screen resolution, as well as tasking power. Thanks everyone.

Probably not, this forum seems more directed at PC hardware and software.

I couldn't tell you about that specific model number, but I can say that you want to get one with Windows Mobile 5.

My PDA (its a phone also, Audiovox PPC-6600) runs Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, but I wish I had Windows Mobile 5, which I am not sure is out yet or not.

im not a pda kind of guy, but at the moment at work i am working with a couple of pdas, one of them being an HP iPAQ, possibly the one you mention. It is nice, i havent had any problems with it although it doesnt excite me either.

The other one i am working with is an O2 Xda, dont know where you come from so you might not know that O2 are a mobile/cell phone company based in the UK, whether they are anywhere else in the world i dont know. So this device is also a phone which is pretty cool. It has a keyboard that slides out, has GPRS, Wi-Fi bluetooth and infrared. comes with active sync and a nice cradle too - so connecting to your pc is no problem and you can get online anywhere. It is slightly bulkier than the iPAQ but out of the two it is the one i would choose if you can get one

i would say get a dell axim x50v. very nice PDA and it is usually on sale. i got myself an x30 (liked the looks and performance better) but if you want the better screen resolution then i would get an x50v. try goin to www.aximsite.com or www.ipaqhq.com

i go there for anything that has to do with PDA/Handhelds

Does the Axim outperform the HX4705? Are there any PDA's being released in the near future which will have much higher abilities than these? I just want to have the highest peforming VGA resolution pda available.

I don't know too much about PDA's but I suggest you look on pcworld.com and click on the top left of the webpage where it says top rated products. That might help you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom