Pcmcis Psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SiLv3R_

In Runtime
well.. im getting close to finishing my computer build but at the end i mite have messed up a bit with my budgeting so im under a VERY strict budget for my psu... well i found this psu at tigerdirect.ca:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1005670&sku=P186-2010

and well i was wondering i have never heard of this companie's psus but if anyone else has i just wanted to knoww some background information like are there units not up to the same starndard as others or has anyone else has problems with this company? you know the usual questions ppl ask when lookin at a new company :).. any help wud be appreciated :)

This product looks good. Considering it has a 12 month parts/labor warranty I don't think you really have anything to worry about. While looking at the chart it seems it can handle a decent load as the amps under +3.3V, +5V and +12V all look fairly decent. However, I feel I should throw in my personal opinion. I have ordered from Tiger Direct in the past with no problems, but have heard MANY who have had problems with items and the company giving them the run-around when they asked to return it for another product. I would go through www.newegg.com for better prices and service. Personally I purchased this:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=90979&sku=Q131-5002

This is one of the items I got through Tiger Direct with no problems, this was before I read reviews of people who had problems with them. AeroCool has great customer service however, so even if TigerDirect wouldn't take it back, you could still get AeroCool to replace/repair it for free. Just save your reciept. Hope that helps.

thanks a lot for ur input :D.. but tiger direct is the only site i know that ships into canada.. are u aware of any others? :) lol cuz if u aree that wud be a great help seeing ass tiger direct does not have the same variety as bigger sites such as newegg (well the canadian version of tiger direct anyways lol)

thanks for the heads-up, microbell!

of course, since the psu is one of the most important things in the computer, it's always good to go namebrand, like :

Antec
ThermalTake
Enermax
Fortron

well microbell i took ur advice.. i mean even to start with when i first looked at the product i was a lil suspicious thats why i posted it here.. i mean just the lack of reputation (any type good or bad for that matter) turned mee off.. well anyways ive decided on a diablo psu... u can see it at the following link :)

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=541436&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

i've heard a lotta good things about diablo and seen some good reviews for this company soo unless theres somethign else i shud knoww i think i shud be fine with this psu :)

wow u really need 500W? you can get a thermaltake purepower 480w for like $20 less that that diablo on newegg

koldapu said:
wow u really need 500W? you can get a thermaltake purepower 480w for like $20 less that that diablo on newegg

He was saying he can't order from newegg because he lives in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom