PCMCIA card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingmandan

Beta member
I have a Sony VGP-MCA10 PCMCIA memory card adapter. I have a memory stick pro in the card adapter (512m). When I inserted the card into my laptop, Windows XP recogonizes the memory stick pro and the PCMCIA card controller and tells me the device is installed and working properly. However, I don't see any "removable memory device" listed in "My Computer" as I do with a PCMCIA card adapter that I use for compact flash memory.

Any ideas ?

It's been assigned the same drive letter as a device currently on your system. You'll need to change the drive-letter of the mem-stick before you can see it.

Go to Run, type "diskmgmt.msc" without quotes, to open the disk manager. You should see your mem-stick listed in there. Just right-click, change drive letter, and then change it to something else (usually in backwards order, like Z).

Close out, and you should see your mem-stick in my-computer again.

I don't see the disk listed on the disk manager.

The device icon in the system tray lists : "PCMCIA IDE/ATAPI Controller". I have an entry in the System Summary under Components/Storage/IDE which shows PNP Device ID =PCMCIA\SONY-MEMORYSTICK_PRO-1E60\1 which is listed under the name = PCMCIA IDE/ATAPI Controller.

The driver it's using is the standard: IDE atapi.sys from thewindows/system32/drivers directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom