PCI slot not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurzy

Beta member
Well i have an extra pci slot that i never use and i want to put a video card in it, but every time i put something in it i get this blue screen with a error and my comp shuts down. its says something bout an other device on the pci slot. ive tried modems,sound/video, ethernet cards nothing works. any ideas on how to fix this??

i put something in it
what do you mean? if you can access to device manager,check Video,if it's red it means yr PCI doesn't work

if i put anything in this slot i got a blue screen with an error and then it shuts my computer off a couple of seconds later

i have no clue wat model my motherboard is, its does have SiS on board video, anyway to find out wat make/model is??
i have Win2k

you can download some progs that identify your hardware
CPU-Z is a good example, but unfortunately only identifies the chipsets on the mobo, not the mobo itself
did you uninstall any previous devices from the PCI slot before you added any new cards?

no, ive never used the slot and it didnt work the day i bought my comp, my comp was customed made by some guy but i have no ways to contact him, i bought it like 5 years ago
and where can i download CPU-Z???

Edit: ok, CPU-Z give me all the info
Manufacturer:Matsonic
Model:MS7308E 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom