PCI Slot Covers ... What are they called/how to get 'em??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
Hey... here's a great question :)

One of my PC cases came with the snap-off PCI slot covers, and now I want to cover it back up... currently I have some foil over it (lol), but have been looking for them on the net to no avail.

I've tried like every name I could think of-- PCI cover, slot cover, expansion cover, shield etc etc... Browsed by categories on Newegg and a few other sites.. do they exist and/or do you know where to get them?! Maybe I'm just the ultra n00b with the wrong names...lol...

thx:)

**also, by PCI slot cover I mean the metal plate that slides in to cover the external ports for the PCI card, not the PCI slot itself :D

why don't you just swip them off another computer, they all should be the same size....if not go to fry's or something or I can mail you some.....I usually just throw mine away tho....just let me know! :)

well i try to think positively and tell myself that the air that comes in will cool my video card :D

oh and the dust...:-\

The51 said:
why don't you just swip them off another computer, they all should be the same size....if not go to fry's or something or I can mail you some.....I usually just throw mine away tho....just let me know! :)

I don't have any myself (extra PCs), and 99% of computers at the stores have the snap-off's. Besides, I couldn't just take them :) I want to pay the $1 they're worth! Hehe... But can't find them anywhere...hmm!

how cheap can you find a case?
most new, and some second hand cases should come with them
although sometimes the cheaper ones are snap-out and you can't put them back in

lol Fry's... I was thinking Food & Drug, I was like wtf!:) Thanks a lot, I just purchased them from there!! :)

I searched a long time on Froogle, random PC sites and Newegg.com, as well as asked n00bs at best buy, everyone was dumbfounded heheheh:)

thanks all!

[edit/add]
omg omg omg! i have to pay TAX! thats the first in-state PC place i've bought stuff from, lolz:p
[/edit]

haha, thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom