PCI express

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaleProof

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I wanted to get the ball rolling on this topic.

Last night I was watching Tech TV (the best channel ever, thanx), and on The Screen Savers they had a guy talk about the new PCI express and how it differs from PCI and PCI X, etc.

I was wondering if some of you hardcore techies new any more info on this subject, specifically how PCI Express works differently than PCI.

This should prove to be a very interesting subject, as it will definately change the face of high end machines within the year.

From what I've heard all the MOBO and Gfx Card companies are gung-ho about the project and said they will have compatable devices as soon as it is released.

I for one am VERY excited.

Yeah, im not really sure what its all about, but I do know the ingoing outgoing simultanious data transfer sounds pretty awesome! :)

MM basically I believe it's just a big leap in bandwidth transfer rates. I watched a show about it, and they explained that even though PCI Express comes out soon, that it will not even make a difference until 1-2 years AFTER it has been released because it's the software that takes advantage of the transfer rates, almost all games are coded to be ran on agp transfer rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom