PCI-E, CPU-Z, and Everest

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelvetyAmoeba

Baseband Member
Alright. So, I've got a decent ASUS PTGD1-LA Goldfish2 Motherboard. Unfortunately, it's been modified by HP for whatever reason and they removed the PCI-Express slot. If I browse through CPU-Z, or any other program, it says the bus type is PCI-Express, and that my MoBo is PCI-Express ready. If I pop open the case, I can clearly see the PCI-Express slot missing, but can tell that it was once there. There's even an expansion slot on the back for putting a card in it (where the monitor would plug in). Now, can I somehow "reclaim" this? Is it possible to get someone to install a PCI-Express slot where there obviously was one?

Another thing I'm concerned about: My computer is advertised as a 3.0 Ghz P4 Prescott. If I open CPU-Z, it's only clocking it as 2800 MHz; 200 MHz short. Everest clocks it as 3000 Mhz, occassionally dipping below. The CPU-Z measurement occassionally jumps to 3000 Mhz, and then drops down to 2800 Mhz. Should I be concerned about this, or is CPU-Z just being buggy?

CPU-z is probably seeing the current speed. And everest is seeing what it can really run at when your running games and such.

But umm dont mess with the motherboard, theres probably something they done to the BIOS to keep people from adding a new card anyways.

You bought the cheap hp with the 915GV chipset which doesn't have a pci-express slot. If you did not buy it from HP, you would have one, but now no. Nothing you can do, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom