PCI 4 in 1 card slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I have boughten an Alienware Aurora for $3500 Canadian dollars. I am very happy with the machine. However, the manual is very vague. So I have two question. First being the PCI 4 in 1 card slot. What type of cards can i place into it, furthermore, how do I place them into it, the dummy over the door is very confusing? My next question is where does the sensor for the windows media center remote control go in the machine... and what all does the controller do?

The 4 in 1 card slot is not PCI and has nothing to do with PCI, it is USB. You stick camera memory cards into it like SD cards or Sony Memory Sticks. To stick them it, you place the card in your hand, align it with the slot, and move it forward, so that the card enters the slot.

The Windows Media Center remote control probably already has a censor that is built into the case. The controller is used to control the computer from a remote location where the keyboard and mouse are not within arm distance from you. Have you ever used a remote control before? They are very nice to have, I use one for my television set so that I don't have to get up from the couch and push the buttons to find a different station or even (on the new ones) adjust the sound volume level!

:amazed::rolleyes:

Ummm.... actually, it is PCI, it says so in the vague manual. I just wanted more info on it. Also, I don't know whether to laugh at ur mocking abilities or wonder if you actually know what ur talking about half the time except when ur ignorant and have something up ................
If somebody else can help me please. The manual does say its PCI but thats it. As for the remote, a sensor came with it but it has to be plugged into the machine, which I do not know where? Can somebody please help me, except for The General, or "The Captain" (if there is such a name, pay no mind, please)?

It's a freaking card reader. What else would it do? Stick the card in the slot and it's mounted to the filesystem so you can copy data to and from it.

And to see what types of cards you can stick in it, you look at it and see. There are labels. If there are not, then Alienware has problems.

Secondly, what does the contoller do? It's a remote control, what else could it possibly do?

I answered your questions. Maybe you should consider not asking such stupid questions if you don't like stupid answers.

Okay maybe it is PCI, it's still a 4-in-1 card reader. You use it the same way. Just like you use Intel Macs the same way you use PowerPC Macs.

Okay, I don't know what your problem is but all I wanted was a simple response. Alienware "must have problems" because there is no indication of how to put the card in, unless one size fits all. I know what a remote control does. You have to be a moron to answer that question, seeing how I didn't ask what a remote control does, read the question before you post. You obviously have no idea about what you talk about so why post a reply? Besides, didn't I ask for someone other then you for help... ???

ZeroShade said:
I have boughten an Alienware Aurora for $3500 Canadian dollars. I am very happy with the machine. However, the manual is very vague. So I have two question. First being the PCI 4 in 1 card slot. What type of cards can i place into it, furthermore, how do I place them into it, the dummy over the door is very confusing?

I answered your question, you stick flash memory cards such as compact flash, memorystick, SD, microSD, MMC, xD, etc. in it. It reads them. Flip the little door open and look at it.

ZeroShade said:
My next question is where does the sensor for the windows media center remote control go in the machine... and what all does the controller do?

Look at the buttons on the controller to see what it does.

Two things are certain:

1. We don't have your card reader in front of us, so we can't tell you exactly how to stick the card in. That and we don't know what kinds of cards you have that you need to sue in it.
2. We dont have your remote controller, but most of them have buttons that you can look at and see what it does.

No one else seems to be jumping in here, as I answered your questions already and there is nothing else to say.

I don't know what your problem is, I tried to help you.

As for the the card reader, I understand now, I looked at the confusing dummy piece carfully. As for the controller, I'll figure it out later... if I ever use it. As for the problem, I didn't like the way you explained yourself earlier, thats all... (its the controller part that did it).

Yeah I read the question as "What does the controller do?" instead of "What all does the controller do?" so I was like wtf? It's a remote, lol.

But when you open Media Center, you can use it to navigate and change stations and everything just like a TiVo controller. I think you can use it with other programs, but I dunno that much about Windows so maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom