PC2100 ddr not working on Trigem Imperial mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ireneshusband

Beta member
I recently bought some second-hand memory in an auction to install on a Trigem Imperial motherboard (same mobo as the HP Pavilion 533w).

The memory requirements are:
Memory Type: Unbuffered DDR Synchronous DRAM (DDR SDRAM)
Memory Speed: PC2100/PC1600 Memory Sockets: Two 184-pin 2.5 V DIMM sockets
Maximum Memory: 2 GB Front Side Bus: 400MHz

The memory I bought is supposed to be Azenram 256MB PC2100, and it has 8 chips on it (which I understand to mean that it is non-ecc). However when I install it the machine won't boot. It just gives out a pattern of beeps as if no memory was installed. I have tried moving the memory from one slot to another and I have been careful to click it into place properly each time.

Does this mean that the memory is incompatible, despite the specs making it llok like it was compatible, or have I been sold a dud?

The code on the chips is ARC16M16D4DTH, but I cannot find any reference to this in Google, or even to the manufacturer code "ARC".

Thanks
Robert

the best way to tell if it was a dud is to test it on another computer. if it works that you would know your memory is not compatible on the hp motherboard. if you cannot test it than i can only suggest finding out what memory has been tested okay with that motherboard. hp may have a compatability list on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom