PC133 memory repair? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2004, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

if the eeprom causes the problem then there's a way to repair it because eeprom can be reprogram if we got the exact eeprom data for that memory. BTW, the memory is the confirmed problem because i tried already to other PC with same result. i'm also thinking that the eeprom causes the problem that it can't be detected. maybe because of corrupted data inside the eeprom ic.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

You are correct in that the eeprom is the fault here and reprogramming may take care of the issue. Prying the reprogamming data out of Micron's hands would be a miracle, hehe. I do not believe any memory manufacturer would release any programming data. Internal confidentiality you know. I know it is hard to believe but it would be better to just scrap the module and drive on. The eeprom is not a flashable chip at least not at a user level. There is a certain level of risk when flashing them at a manufacturers level and it is better to understand that it is the eeprom and buy a new one.

BTW: thank you for the welcome. I hope I can help to shed so light in some areas.

Crucial Performance Lab
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
When responding please provide your full system specs; hardware and software, OS, BIOS, drivers Etc. You can e-mailmemory related questions to cpl@micron.com
Closed Thread