PC wont start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deviant9

Solid State Member
I just built a pc and when I press the power button my monitor makes no sound (as it does when it comes on). I dont think the problem is that pc wont boot its just the monitor doesnt seem to want to come on no matter what I do. I have tried my spare 17" monitor ( I dont really know why but I thought it was worth a try) and I also tried another dvi to vga converter. I dont have a LCD monitor that I can try.

The new graphics card is a MSI 6800GT and it doesnt have a blue vga connection at the back, just two DVI connectors so im using the supplied converter. The full specs...

Asus A8N-E
3800+ Athlon 64
MSI NX6800GT-T2D256E
Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum TwinX (2x512MB)
And the monitor is a 19" CRT Philips Brilliance.

Thanks to any helpers.

Did you try the other DVI port.

Its possible that only one of the ports is 'on' by default.

Yes I tried both ports and even changed the adaptor to one I got with an older ati card.

Some other things to try:

-Reseating the vid card and making sure it is in its slot properly
-Making sure that the 4-pin power connector is connected to the vid card.

And another quesion:
Do your fans and hard drives start spinning?

put 1 moniter in the 1 port and 1 in the other and see which 1 boots up i had te same porblem

Well ive already tried both ports though. Ive tried each port with each monitor. And ive even used a different adapter too.

Yes I have a green light and all the fans are spinning - cpu, psu, horthbridge, and graphics card.

Oooo...this could be bad. First of all, make sure a moltex connector is plugged into the card - some cards, especially the 6800, require extra power directly from the PSU.

If then it doesn't start up, try an old card, and if that works, It probably is the card.

I have no other pci express cards thats the thing:(( I want to cry this is awful:( If you dont plug the power cable in to these cards then you will get very fast beeps upon booting, at least my 9800pro was like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom