Pc Wont Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Said

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have just built a new pc and somehow when i try to install windows (xp home) it will just freeze, then i tried it with a HD with an OS (XP home) already installed and itll boot itself right before the windows flag comes up it shows it for about a half second Going to sleep message pops up and then reboots.. I changed the MB, CPU and tried different RAM and still have the same problem and even went from a 300W PS to a 350 and still no change, i dont know whats happening and i was hoping somebody could help me..

MB GigaBite GA-8I845GVM
Intel 845GV Chipset
Celeron 2.0GHz/128/400
350 PS

Please help me!!! . Thanks!!!

id make shur everything is seated properly and all cables are in tight.

is the new HD EIDE or SATA?

u should prolly give more specs like, HD brand, ram type/brand.

at what point does the XP installation freeze?

Everything is seated properly and all cables are tightly in there..

HD is a seagate 40GB EIDE Ultra ATA/100 5400RPM 8.9MS U Series 6
256 DDR RAM PC 2700 Buffalo brand (Tried kingston and didnt work either)

Xp installation freezes right when is ready to restart the pc.. when it first rcognizes all the hardware on the pc and then the restarting windows messages reads on the bottom of the screen and thats it.. i have to restart manually or shut off the pc.

Thanks for your help!

I tried Kingston Ram and didnt work either, i guess kingston is a pretty reputable company. So i dont know what else can i do now!

Check your HD or HD cable... or PCI setup from the BIOS, some pci's parameter can do that, like Latency (32 or a bit more) or External frequency ( check MB Manual ) or Video Cache (UC is a good choice) and try all parameters in auto mode.

Tried all that.. changed the HD cable, checked the bios for the parameters, tried different ram on it (mushkin 256 pc2700) and nothing happened, still same prob..
Now i gave up and went and bought a different system and now i got a pcchp m811 ver 3.1 mobo along with a AMD 2200+ xp, i am now using different ram, tried with different HD's, unplugged everything, just left the HD and video card (tested with 3 different ones) and still freezes on window installation or i is a HD with XP already in it freezes right after posting.. Pleae help i dunno what else to do!!!

ok, take all ur harddrives out of the pc, and frmat them on an other one, then put them back in, and try to install windows. also, unplug everything, and replug it back, make shur all is tight. U might wana test ur ram on an other pc also, and the vid card.

The problem with the HD with the OS already installed is normal if it was installed on another computer. Different MOBO, HDD etc... so XP doesn't recognize the stuff on your computer and crashes.
Since you tried different RAM and reseated everything, I'd tend to agree with u-toast. Do a low level format of your HDD on another computer. Maybe it has bad sectors.
Does your MOBO have integrated video? If so and you're using another one, make sure it is disabled in BIOS.
Try your RAM and HDD in different slots/IDE controller.
Make sure all switches on devices are in the right place. I.E. if your HDD is on its own IDE, set it to master. Same with CD....
If they are on same IDE, HDD to master and CD to slave.
After the initial restart, when it asks you to 'hit any key to boot from CD.... DON'T. The installation will pick-up where it left and access the CD when it needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom