PC Wizard and the beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I was just using PC Wizard to investigate the internals of my PC, and when i went to
voltage, temperature and fans, a beeping sound started coming out of the speaker in the chassis, the same speaker which beeps when the bios kicks in.
the beeps are not the same as the bios beep. and they kept on going, even after i had logged out, i had to power down my pc.
even when i powered up my pc, there was one beep of the new sort, and the familiar bios beep.

i checked if this new beep was always associated with a startup, turned out it was not, and only occured when i had looked at the volt., temperature and fans.

i have heard this beeping sound when i played C&C generals. can you please tell me why am i getting this beeping sound, is it dangerous. and how i can get rid of it.

my internals registered these values
Chassis fan 2636 rpm
Proc. fan 661 rpm
hard disk temp 48-50 degrees.

What was your CPU temp? System overall temp? I've not used that program before, but if using winbond, when it detects overheating it beeps like crazy, and will then shut you down.

Do a Google search for "Motherboard Monitor". Find the MBM program, download it, install it and use it instead of the one you are using.

-Target

CPU temp? System overall temp were not being reported by PC Wizard.

what is system overall temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom