Pc Vs Ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
ok well there's this kid in school that thinks his ps3 owns any computer out there and he says that his ps3 can run winxp/vista/linux. he also said that the ps3 builds super computers??

The PS3 doesn't have enough ram to compete with a computer.

It can run linux...didn't think it could run windows, but maybe, not sure.

And "super computer" is relative. We have dual quad-core computers now...is that a super computer? 5 years ago we would have said ****, yes...now not so much.

the 256MB RAM is XDR, its supposedly much much better then our DDR2...some dude linked up like 20 ps3's and made a super computer...the cell processor is far more powerful then our desktop processors

that's what I thought ap4lifetn, but I don't know many of the stats. as a general rule aren't consoles more powerful than their computer counterparts? not just the ps3, but also the xbox360?

256MB XDR main memory, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM

i wouldn't say they're more powerful...maybe the processor is...their stuff is much more efficient bc they're built for 1 thing only...gaming...pcs have to be built for video, word processing, internet...etc...their graphics isn't as new as ours since they can't be upgraded constantly..ps3 has a nvidia 7 series GPU

but the cell microprocessor = very powerful

PC is and always will be the best for gaming if you get the best stuff.The problem is keeping up with the hardware.Just my opinion.

The PS3 is not better. First off the advertised GFLOPS of the Cell are not even obatinable. Considering the setup of Quad CPU's now and the release of DDR3 RAM. The PS3 only has a very slight advantage. But It will NOT and i repeat not run Windows, or OS X. 1 big reason. The RAM is not recognized by the OS. Can not run it if you can not install it.

To say tha tthe PS3 is a super computer. Please.

If he wants to say hooking 20 PS3's up will make a Super PC. Fine tell him to get the stats on what those 20 PS3's will do.

Then we will compare them to the stats of a Data Center Server setup with 20 units. Which each can run up to 4 Xeon CPU's and have upwards of 128GB, yes GB not MB, of RAM. Lets see who would win the battle.

Tell him to do a bit more research before he wants to compared a PS3 to a Super Computer.

ha like what you said makaeli213 i will tell him that he also thinks that he can sent the ps3 in to sony and they will upgrade the graphics proc....ect bunch of bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom