PC to TV via HDMI - speakers not working

kadehar12

Solid State Member
I would like to connect my PC to my SAMSUNG LED TV via an HDMI cable. After I plug it in and the PC connects with the TV, I am perfectly able to transfer video to the TV screen. What I am not able to do, however, is, to transfer audio as well.
I tried the following:
- restarting the PC
- choosing to show disabled devices in Control Panel/Sound menu
- looking for driver update

My problem seems to be that the TV speakers are not showing up in any of the menus (Control Panel/Sound and Device Manager).

Thank you very much for your help, guys.

I have indeed tried to look into the settings in the TV, yet there are not many things I can do there. After reading it through, I decided not to change any of the settings, since it seemed to me it won't be of much use.

This problem really bothers me because previously I was able to transfer the audio to the TV speakers. After a while I tried to hook up the TV with my PC and it does not work anymore.

I hope the following is enough:

AMD Athlon II X2 245 2.9 GHz
4 GB RAM
32-bit Windows 7

Do you have a graphics card?

Is this a custom-built machine, or a pre-built? If it's a pre-built, post the brand/model number.

I have indeed tried to look into the settings in the TV, yet there are not many things I can do there. After reading it through, I decided not to change any of the settings, since it seemed to me it won't be of much use.

This problem really bothers me because previously I was able to transfer the audio to the TV speakers. After a while I tried to hook up the TV with my PC and it does not work anymore.

Hmm.. well that's all that I could offer without looking more into the problem on my own, hopefully the user behind me can help you out.

Good luck!

I believe the graphics card's name is the following:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Thank you for your help :)

Have you installed updated drivers from nVidia's website? Including the HDMI Audio driver?

On your taskbar, right click the Sound Icon and go to Playback Devices.

When your HDMI cable is plugged in and you're connected to your TV, do you see an option for HDMI audio or anything like that through there? What options for outputs do you see?

Well that is exactly the core of my problem. Whatever I do, I am not able to find any option for choosing the HDMI connected device audio output. I have tried to show both disabled and disconnected devices but it is of no use :)

I can try to update the driver again, but I've done this recently - do you think this may solve the problem? :)

Back
Top Bottom