PC To TV questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2Fresh

Solid State Member
Hi guys I am new to the site and have a couple questions on this area. First let me say sorry if this is the wrong thread...I looked but didn't see anything else that fit the section I am asking about.

I have an xfx 9600gt video card(currently not on my comp) but I would like to install it and at this time I don't have a monitor that supports dvi. I do have an old 27 inch sharp tv that I am no longer using . I would like to connect my 9600 to this tv. The tv is not HD it's a 480p one and it has component hookups on the back and svideo(4pin) and also a TV antenna connection.

My question is what would be the best route to achieve this:

dvi to component?
tv out from card(7pin) to component?
I found a converter that came with my ati card I have and it seems to convert 7 pin to video(female yellow) and then I tried connecting that to my tv with no luck.

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks,
Jayson

and I don't know if this matters but I am currently running vista I may switch to 7 in the near future

lol easiest would be s- video cable from card to tv if your model xfx has an s-video output(some do some dont) You would just connect the two and start your computer and set your tv to the right input. May have to tweak resolution settings and DPI font settings in your OS.

If no s-video then

DVI to Component Video Cable, 10 ft - 20604-10, $19.95

but may not be compatible with your xfx card, do you have the exact model number? i could really help you out then.

use the round connect. Its s-video and should plug straight up to your tv and work fine for a monitor. I actually have a 9800gtx+ and im running an s-video cable to my tv, and a dvi to my monitor. That way i can watch movies on my bigger tv, and game on my monitor. Try that and see if it works...

I tried with rca component cables and nothing happens i select extend desktop to this monitor and then click make my default monitor and when I click apply settings it reverts back to my pc monitor so could someone please lead me in the right direction

I have windows vista..and I can't alter the resolution it's fixed @ 800x600 but as I've stated I try to extend my desktop and nothing happens I running an rca component to the tv it's self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom