Not open for further replies.

Cooks43

Beta member
Hi,

Firstly my computer is as follows:

Gigabyte Intel 915P S775 ATX A L R
Intel P4 530 1MB S775 800FSB Box
Corsair 2x512MB 184DIMM PC3200 NP C2.5

Not sure if this is the place to ask but here goes.

I have bought a new PC recently and everything was going fine untill one day when I knocked it. This has caused major problems and I have since sent off the motherboard to be repaired which is now back (not sure what they did) but the problem remains.

This is the problem:

When ever I boot the PC with the WinXP install disc in the CD drive it starts to boot from the drive but hangs at each screen for ages, it can take as much as 1 hour to get to the first blue screen.

I have tried removing each peice of hardware that I can too see if I can locate the problem but everything I have done has come up with the same results. The only items I haven't been able to remove are the graphics card and the CPU. I have tried removing the RAM one module at a time but it ain't working.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I have tried various settings in the BIOS but it still doesn't do any good.

Thanks

James

i would get your ram tested, if you or a friend has any spare ram, try new ram, also, reset CMOS battery(take it out for 20 seconds put it back in and set up the bios, make sure everything is plugged in correctly. Did you add any new hardware or software right before this started happening?

I am going to test my RAM today using memtest86, i will let you know how it goes.

I already tried resetting my CMOS before sending the motherboard to the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom