PC suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishaholic18

Solid State Member
I want to build a pc for my mom for Christmas. I have built a few in the past but it's been a while. She is mainly going to use it to surf the web and store and edit pics. What do you guys suggest as far as MB, CPU, RAM? I think I'll go with Intel, unless you think differently. Ob sound and vid. is OK too I guess. Thanks for the help.

get an cheap celeron about 1- 1,5 GHz. That's all she needs. Lower is good as well. about 800MHz would be fine for her needs. U can save some money that way.

About 256MB RAM will be fine.

Mobo:, more expansive generally means more features, better stabilty etc.

Grahpics card: any 32 or 64MB card will be good.

Post ur specs once u have decided wich parts u buy.

U need a faster PC for gaming.

I've always been an Intel guy, is there any reason I should go AMD? Just curiuos on your opinions. Which MB would I get for AMD? I want to go 512 ram and a pretty fast processor. I want this thing to last her a few years. Thanks.

I don't know of there is any reason to go AMD if u are nor a gamer. If u want an AMD get an Abit mobo with Socket 939. I am not a pro on this, but for great performance in games u need something like an AMD 3800+ CPU. U can also get a P4 3.06 HT but its not as good for gaming as AMD's.

All of that depends on the mobo, start with the mobo, then processor, ram.. etc etc..

i would say get something like an Athlon XP2800+ or XP3000+ (Barton) they are very good for their price, and will last a while. as for the mobo, get an Abit NF7-S or Asus A7N8X-X they are both stable, and ram, if you aren't overclocking, get a stick of corsair value ram - or if you want the extra performance, get a 2x256Mb kit so you can run them in dual channel.

I would say a Sempron socket A, a Gigabyte socket A motherboard with onboard sound, a Radeon 9200 or Geforce Fx5200, 512MB corsair or Kingston Value RAM, 1x80GB HDD - doesn't matter if it's PATA or SATA, and a 52x CDROM (does she need a burner?)
the Semprons, unlike the P4's or Celerons can process every 32-bit instruction there is, like with 2 people speaking english, one person can speak english better than the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom