PC STILL won't detect AGP slot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz

Banned
Ok, I already made a thread about this problem I have been having with my AGP slot, which you can read about here: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14490

First, to try and get it back, i tried the "SCAN FOR NEW HARDWARE" wizard on my System Devices, but it didnt detect the "AGP TO PCI BRIDGE" so it didnt detect it, in other words.

Second, tried installing new motherboard drivers, but nope, still didnt detect it.

Third, i tried installing the new video card drivers like you guys suggested, but even THAT didnt work.

Now it seems as if I am out of options =/

Although everything seems to be perfectly normal, this really worries me, because this will ALSO apply to the video cards that i decide to put in my PC in the future =/

Any more suggestions!???

Thanks for any help!

When you go to the divice Manager to your Graphics card does it say something like winsafe drivers or something like that.You said that you reinstalled your mobo drivers do you mean your via drivers those are the ones you need to reinstall to get your pci to agp bridge back in order.I dont know if this helps just a shot.
Good LuckPat

OK, thanks for the help!

But could you help me out on finding the "via drivers" or whatever they are called? :p

I have never heard of them, so im not for sure where they are

I know for sure that my motherboard is an Nforce one, though......

But once again, thanks for helping me! ;)

If nothing else (and don't do this if you have USB keyboard and mouse), you COULD try to either restore the registry or, if there is some HUGE confilicts somewhere you can always go into DM and remove the PCI Bus.... when you do that, and if conflicts may take along time to do *will seem to freeze* but should eventually prompt a restart. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR WINDOWS AND DRIVERS HANDY!!! What this will do is force windows to recognize and resinatll, well, pretty much everything. So maybe it will sort itself out? Hopefully your well versed in knowing where core system files, inf and other device files are.

Hmmm.........I MAY try that as a last resort, but not until I notice some MAJOR problems, because I would probably end up with a messed up computer with some of the stupid mistakes that I make.

Thanks for the extra help though!

I appreciate this greatly guys! :D

Oh yeah, I would use that as a last before anything. It's kind'a like re detecting ALL hardware. From PCI to PCI bridge, clock, AGP, and other hardware. So you'll need to know where its all located (most in c:\windows; c:\windows\system... some in ini and some in sys32 (I think)). Or just restore registry. Done in different ways depending on o/s (either sys restor, scanreg /restore, etc). Also, if you have onboard vid AND AGP slot like many newer boards, make sure they onboard vid is disabled in the bios. This will cause problems if not. Supposedly on some boards it will know and disable itself, allthough the sources that say that I think are wrong and I would not trust them so check in bios and disable if it isn't (maybe need to enable the AGP too??? I dont know...). Let me know what works, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom