PC slowing doooowwwwnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best way to speed up your comp. is reformat it. it takes a lot of time to reinstall everything but it's always nice having a fresh start, if you don't want to do all that work, then run disk cleanup and defrag and other utilities. also if you have a chance at getting norton systemworks, do so. It has an excellent windows cleanup program. another thing to look at is your cpu temp. if it seems high as in the 60's you should try cleaning your heatsink and fan. i noticed a speed loss with my old cpu cooler after it got dusty. it's something to keep in mind.

Also, maybe, you have alot of programs running at once, that are using up all your RAM. Looking at your system specs there is no reason for your machine to be slow like that. It has to be AdWare, SpyWare or a Virus, or like I said, many appications open at once.

play2lose said:
My computer used to be as fast as a jet. It would fly through windows and games were a breeze....but lately.....its been slowin down

Few things :-
* When did you defrag last?
* When did you check for SpyWare last?
* When did you check for Viruses last?
* When did you Fdisk, Format C: and rebuilt your OS last?

Now days.... Defrag does not make a big difference. How ever Spyware and Virus can cause problems.

Rebuilding your OS is my recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom