PC slowing doooowwwwnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
My computer used to be as fast as a jet. It would fly through windows and games were a breeze....but lately.....its been slowin down

is there anything that can help....sometimes when i click on a folder it will take like 10 sec to load up...and i notice more lag in games......if there is any software or somethin..please tell me

thx

How long has it been since you defragmented?

I don't mean to make you look like an idiot, it's just that a lot of times people forget about that.

try checking for viruses if you haven't already; I found 24 on my machine. Also, hope you're not using Win ME....good luck

one word: spyware. if you've been getting more pop-ups recentally or even if you haven't, download Lavasoft's Ad-aware. It works great and is Microsoft recommended and is free. can't hurt because spyware is another applicaton memory hog always slowing down the computer. if u got norton systemworks 04 that has spyware removal which tells u where its coming from--even better!

By the way you can turn off indexing, its not really all that important, besides it eats away at your memory.

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Servies
Look for "Indexing Service" double click it, turn the start up to never and push stop.

You can learn more about turning off and on services at http://www.blackviper.com/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom