RevCor632

Baseband Member
I have a Dell Dimension 4600:
Windows XP Home
2.8 GHz P4 processor
512MB memory
80GB HDD
128MB nVIDIA GeForce FX5200

My computer has been slow from the day I got it. So I reformatted and reinstalled Windows. It's a bit better, but still slow.

I get past the Dell screen, and the Windows screen, and then the screen is black for a long time, like 10 or 15 seconds.

Then I get to the Welcome screen for 15 or 20 seconds, and then it goes to my desktop.

And this is right after reformatting, so I don't think it could be viruses or spyware or something.

And if I try to play Battlefield 1942 (an old game, with low sys requirements) it is really slow. My sys specs being what they are, I should be able to play it fine. I can't even play old games, let alone any new ones!

Anybody know what could be wrong?

rpms, and you might have a lot of applications that you run at start up that slow it down

Does anyone even really care, or are you just posting in order to get a post under your belt? I wonder about it sometime when I run across some of these 2 word posts. Oh yeah, and making assumptions and trying to make it sound like you know what it is doesn't count. If you don't know what it is, you shouldn't post.

Now for my suggestion:

Whenever you formatted your HD did you have 3 partitions? One that was like 32MB in the FAT32 format. Then another that was like 8MB and finally your final partition of the left over file space as NTFS?

Let me know and I will get back to you.

Why the hell would I be posting to get a post count? I was being helpful about it searching about a network drive.

If i cared about post counts, in other forums i go to, i wouldnt spend soo much time in the OTF where posts dont count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom