PC running too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, thanks. I figure getting a new heatsink and putting on some quality paste WILL correct the problem. And yes, I am getting 54-56C when I first turn it on and when it is IDLE. I have not measured it during stress but I am going to avoid any gaming until the problem is resolved. Are there any fit/compatiability issues with certain heatsinks? Like if I get that one or choose another one, are they likely to fit my AMD 3400+ without a prob?

You have to find a heatsink compatible with your socket. I suggest getting the one i showed you though. Its among the best heatsinks.

kaazmar - you know, a couple case fans and Arctic silver 5. might solve your problem.

were are your case fans? and how many do u currently have?

I got a 3200, and in a room being 69F my processor is 31C. when the room gets to about 90F my processor idles at around 40C. i'm using AS 3 and my front and side case fans are blowing in, while my only back fan is blowing out.

Is it possible that something else could cause it? I mean, can I be sure my sensors are working properly? I'm just curious, let's say I try new paste, or get new heatsink and new paste, but it's still kinda high. What are the other possibilites? Faulty sensors? What else? Thanks.

open your case up when the comp is running and it says its 55C touch the heatsink if you burn yourself your sensors wor if not then your ok and you have faulty sensors

Mmm, I had the same problem with my 3400. I even got a zalman 120mm heatsink with artic silver 5 and idled at 50c.... it's just a hot ass cpu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom