Status
Not open for further replies.

kaazmar

Baseband Member
I have ITE Smartguardian and it has my temps at
CPU: 54c /131f
PWM IC: 44c/112f
SYSTEM: 35c/95f

and the room my computer in at these measurements is 76f.
My Smartguardian alarm started going off but I don't know if it is set to go off too low or not. Are these temps too high? If so, how can I get them down? Also, what is PWMIC? And which of these three temps is the most important? Thanks.

J

the cpu is prolly most important, no clue as to pwm ic, but that's not too bad if it's an intel heavy load with stock cooling

I have an AMD Athlon 3400+ and used the heatsink and set-up it came with. this problem just started a coupla days ago. i didn't do anything hardware-wise except hook up a 3.5 drive to its power source (which i forgot to do when i built my pc). i've been running fine for a few months and even with the warmer temps outside, my room is still the same temp it's been for those few months. are these temps dangerous? should i leave my pc off until i can do something? might i need a new heasink? more thermal paste? thanks. J

Well, my friend and I built the computer and he put the processor together, but we didn't buy any thermal paste separately, so we used whatever came with the AMD Athlon 3400+. But can this happen, I mean after a few months, can a problem with the paste arise? Also, bear in mind these are my idle temps!

wow. if you haven't OCed that is really wierd. it could be you shifted the pc and the heatsink cracked the the thermal paste or something, like i said i would try putting some arctic silver 5 on, heatsink fan is still spinning at normal speed right?

the fan is spinning at what looks to me like top speed. i moved around my PC a bit here and there, but no jerks or drops, always very cautious and everything. i blieve my cpu fan is getting 3500-3750rpm. does that sound normal? Do you think i might need a new heatsink, or should the silver 5 make the difference? See, I just don't get how this problem arose to begin with. Maybe you're right, maybe some subtle movement made the difference.

u know i remember LIGHTLY bumping my hand against the cpu fan, not hard, but u think that could have borken the paste seal?

Kaazmar, nope. The paste turns to a ruber state. So you cannot brake it. Kaazmar, can you tell me if your processor is running at 54 degrees celcius at IDLE or running? If your processor is running at 54 degrees celcius IDLE, then you should take in consideration once you start using the computer, how much heat you can inherit. If your at 54 degrees celcius IDLE, then your system can hit anywhere from 60-65 degrees celcius under stress. You do have a heat issue. Your system under stress is near the heat limit a cpu should exceed. Dont worry though, even at 66 degrees celcius you cannot damage your processor.

I suggest buying a aftermarket heatsink and cpu fan. Then get some thermal paste. With a nice heatsink and cpu fan, your temps should drop around 8-12 degrees celcius. So this is a very simple problem to fix. A nice heatsink and cpu fan should cost around 60$. After that, you'll never have to worry about heat issues unless you OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom