Pc Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny

Baseband Member
I'm building an older pc for some kids in my assembly for free from some extra spare parts I have. I have been having trouble with this Hard drive. Well I have tried using FDISK and answered Yes & NO to this: "Do you wish to enable large disk support (Y/N)". Right after that I get this message "run-time error R6003 - integer divide by 0". Just to let you know I am trying to put Win98se on it and when I use the Win98se boot disk and Start computer with CD ROM support I get this message: "Windows 98 has detected that Drive C does not contain a valid FAT or FAT32 Partition. There are several possible causes...and it gives the 3 possible cause". So since FDISK doesn't work with me I tried GDISk. But anything I try with Gdisk gives me this message: "GDISK (E) Cannot access fixed disk 1 -- Too many partitions"

By the way I disabled the boot-virus detection in the BIOS

I really need help as i don't know wat to do anymore, I tried looking for commands and tried them but i get the same response.

I think i got it 2 work, i just went into the bio and restored the defaults and changed 2 things after made the primary master auto and set boot to A, C. Did a low level format.. restarted and tried fdisk and it went throu. turned out that there were no partitions as i thought, so i think all is well now. Just trying another hard drive and seeing if the results are the same. So I thikn I figured it out, just wanted to let u guys know also for future referencese.

yeah, usually when I have a fdisk or format problem then I'll do a low level before getting another HDD. If all else fails, write zeros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom