PC not starting up (HDD related)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
My friend gave me a HDD. So I went to install it into my current PC I started to format it. And then everything shuts down about half way through. Now my PC won't turn on for more then a second. I took out the new HDD and it still does it. I have no idea what might be causing this. Any clues? :(

I have an MGE 450watt PSU. The PC turns on for like a minute but doesn't do anything, then shuts off. Also I unplugged another drive to connect this new one. So it would be running close to the same power I would assume.

Edit: My PC started up for about 10 minutes. Windows booted and everything. First thing I did was try to burn my important documents to a CD (just in case :p). But shut off again part way through. If it is my PSU, how can I tell?

Actually, I would be thinking about a hear issue... Is it possible to check your temps next time you hit windows?

Its probably not enough power and your power supply is a genaric one, You should have bought a pc power and cooling, antec, enermax, or ocz psu.

edit:
sayaprayer said:
Edit: My PC started up for about 10 minutes. Windows booted and everything. First thing I did was try to burn my important documents to a CD (just in case :p). But shut off again part way through. If it is my PSU, how can I tell? [/B]
Check voltages with a multimeter or in the bios if its off more then 5% it could be causing this.

It will also tell you temps.

Found the problem, my CPU fan was NOT turning. I am slapping myself in the face right now. I hope my CPU isn't messed up. I will cry!!! waaaahhh!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom