PC not booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
I need help real bad! My 5 year old PC listed below........ i think the PSU has gone bad..... i press the button i see the lights on the box, but nothing happens on the screen, it does not say VIA VPSD like it usually does or that beep that comes b4 that screen, last time it booted was yesterday at 10 pm, but that was after keeping it on for 3 days staight, and keeping it on standby when i was not using it........ whats wrong! plz help me, my parents will kill me if its screwed up!!!

Is the fan spinning on the psu? (If not you'll probly need a new PSU)

Same with the CPU fan. If it's not spinning it's failing and causing the auto shutdown via the bios.

Might want to try unplugging replugging the plugs from the CPU fan to the mobo.

if the lights come on, its unlikely the psu is bad

have you been overclocking? u might need to reset your cmos. the way to do that varies mobo to mobo. a generic way to do it is (after unpluging the computer, duh) pop out the battery on the mobo and let it sit for a minute and put it back in, this resets the bios so if u overclocked it will be back to normal.

actually no i have not overclocked it, i did like 2 days ago, to 1.62 ghz but i set it back to normal like a few mins later after i overclocked........... i'll try all the above when my dad comes home!

ok beginning with the cmos battery thing, i'm afraid i may break it? is there a way to pull it out?

press the little 'strip' on the battery 'holder' inwards and the battery should pop out, allowing you to lift it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom