PC No POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Ok I'm sitting there at my computer. And I'm using the Corecenter thing that comes with my MSI KT6V motherboard. It allows you to change FSB, voltages etc... from within windows. I've upped my FSB to 140 before and everything went cool. This time I was upping my FSB little by little and I got up to 137....I decided to change my cvore from 1.6 to 1.625 and then I upped the FSB up to 139....once I clicked OK the compuer locked up. I'm thinking 'no prob, just comes with OC'ing a little I'll just use the jumpers and clear the CMOS' So upon clearing the CMOS I go and hit power to my computer.....just like the hair incident it turns on and theres power going to it, but nothing happens....no POST, no beeps no nothin........how the hell could barely upping the FSB from 133 to 139 now make the entire computer stop from working? Any help is appreciated =/ Thanks all

Now I'm wondering if this is a sign I shouldn't try and overclock the 35w 2400+ XP-M......my luck seems to be horrible with computers. Specs below and yeah I gotta an updated BIOS an all that good stuff.

...Um...you -did- put the battery and jumpers back correctly, no? (BION, that's a very common mistake.)

If you have another box, you could test to see if anything has burnt-out.

Also, check your doco to see if your board/chip could support the voltages you're giving it. Some have a physical cap, others have no cap, and some have a design-limit cap to prevent too-much OCing.

I never took the battery out in the first place. I just used the jumpers and yes I jumed it correctly I've one that plenty of times. I don't have another box to throw it into. Everytime I post a problem on these damn forums I only ever get like on reply...what the hell where are all the experts around here at.

EDIT: Just went through the manual and they don't talk at all about seperate jumpers on the motherboard for manual FSB settings which I didnt think they would. Their corecell thing will start taxing your system trying to find the best overclock and the manual says doing this might cause it to crash if it does, clear the cmos......which I've done.

Aright, I had taken the battery out last night to give it a few hours or whatever. Place it in this morning...the computer POSTS with beeps and says that the CMOS is the wrong size, not too worried I've gotten that before F1 for Setup F2 to load defaults, so I hit F1 but it freezes on that screen. Restart...no beeps...so I use the jumpers AND remove the battery and then it did the same thing, BEEP WRONG CMOS SIZE...but this time it allows me to get into my BIOS. I'm here on my computer now....but it seems my motherboard is fickle when it comes to overclocking or clearing the CMOS. Also now I just get a message in my systray that says windows has an unreadable corrupt file and to run ChkDisk...I looked at the location and its like in the temporary internet files and whatnot....should this be anything to worry about? I'm sittin here and computer workin....for now.

AGEX: Hmmm got any better A-bit board suggestions than you had for that other guy =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom