pC Misconception

Status
Not open for further replies.

nu_in_tha_spot

Baseband Member
I am running Athlon Xp 1800+ with WinXp. I have recently bought a new Vid Card. Geforce FX 5200 and also installed a fresh windows. Now for 5 days I have been generating this problem. My keyboard dont work properly. I had a pop window that says I have a serious virus detected in my computer but I didnt believe becos I thought it is the normal pop up windows so I cancell the thing. Now my computer dont function well.

This is what happens.

It disable my Keyboard from detected from the bios, so in order for me to make it work I have to shake the keyboard cord while pressing F1 key so the window could load. But then when the windows load, if I touch any key from the keyboard the computer freezes and I have to shutdown the computer. So I have to wait at least 5-10 mins before starting the computer so the keyboard could detect normally but then some keys dont work, like (colon, p, as you notice I copy the p from previous document and paste it. I try to reinstall the window but did not becos the keyboard wont let me scroll down in the bios so I can load from CD or A drive. I have tried to run several Virus programs including Ad-ware program but nothing helps. Can anyone please determine what might be wrong with the system.

Try taking out the battery on the motherboard to reset the cmos settings. if that doens't work then try switching the Hard drive to another computer and if it sees the keyboard on that comp, run some virus software, but it seems like a virus may have gotten to your bios some how. and if nothign that you can think of works, as well as other suggestions, you can always take the computer to your local tech shop or the place where you purchased it(unless you built it your self)

The cheapest thing right now have you tried a new keyboard? Maybe it's gone to a nother world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom