pc locks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

saspinall

Baseband Member
Mates got a 1Ghz AMD with Gigabyte 7ZX mobo, 256Mb RAM, Geforce 2 MX/MX 400 video and Ive wiped it clean for him and re-installed XP Pro and updated it to latest version (which Ive done many times). Thing is the PC will work ok for about 10 mins or so then will lock up. Ive tried Nvidia latest graphics drivers and graphics goes off and on whenever you do anything ie black screen for a second then back to normal screen. Have update AMD AGP drivers and VIA chipset drivers but am now at a loss as to the source of the problem.

Thanks in Advance

Stu

You said you re-installed XP right so he had XP on there before running just fine? Did you install SP2? Maybe you should try uninstalling that if you did. I've read of many people having issues with it. What kind of temps does he have? About all I can think of. Also try what Major said first to see if it's that indeed.

Did the Memtest on 256Mb and had failures. However he has 2 x 128Mb sticks and when I tested each one individually they passed ok, so at the moment have left one stick in and its working ok. Have advised him it may be best to buy one 256 stick, couldnt try mine in his as mine is ddr and his is SDRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom