PC keeps freezing up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmjb

Solid State Member
Hey all...

I am using a P4 1.5 Ghz PC with 256 mb RD Ram. I am running Windows XP SP1. I have been facing this weird problem for the past few days. My PC keeps freezing up randomly. It freezes up when I am working on something. It freeezes up when my PC is sitting idle with the monitor turned off (Windows running). Sometimes it freezes up before windows can even load. And the other day it froze when I was in BIOS tryin to change some settings. When it freezes the only remedy is the RESET button. Nothing else works. I think it is a hardware problem. I would really appreciate it if one of you could at least identify which part of my PC I should be checking for malfunction. Thx a lot.

Johnny.

Sounds like a RAM Module could be seated incorrectly or not all the way in.

Try powering down completely and reseating the RAM.

If that doesn't work try inspecting your PCI components. It could be that one of your boards are faulty. If your video card is PCI, try using another slot.

If your system is overclocked, this is not unusual. Run to the nearest RadioShak and get a CPU Fan that can support your CPU.

You maybe experiencing Overheating issues.

i agree, you should try reseating all the cables and cards. also make sure your heatsink is properly fastened to your processor, otherwise it can overheat quite easily

Thx to everyone for the replies. The problem is no more. I took out the Rams and re inserted them. That fixed the problem. No my pc isn't overclocked. Thx to all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom