PC gaming experience to be whooped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
How do some of you guys feel about the fact that it appears that consoles are going to finally take the upper hand in gaming? They look like they will have more power. With this greater power comes a more immersive gameplay experience and better graphics.

On one hand, I'm psyched, but on the other, disappointed. I've never been to hardcore into PC gaming because I've never had a PC that can keep up. However, I've been planning to fix that pretty soon, and start delving into the computer gaming world.

But now I hear about these new consoles coming out. Supposed to be so much better than PC gaming. Just when I finally get caught up! Well, I will have 6 months to a year before the systems really hit it, but still, kind of annoying. I'm excited that they are supposed to be so good, but it is also irritating.

Ultimately I'll be using my computer for a lot more than I could a console, so I'm not too worried.

How do you guys feel about PC gaming finally taking a back seat to the consoles? (as far as power and the doors it opens)

P.S. Oh yea, X Box 360 has a reported (3) 3.2 Ghz IBM cpus, just to give you an idea of whats coming, in case you didn't know.

Well I think the multi CPU's wont work out that well personally

Xbox's may be ahead for a month, but that's all

Why don't you think the multiple CPU's will work out well? Unlike with the PC, this platform will obviously have games coded specifically to take advantage of the three cpus.

As to how long the new platforms will be ahead, I have my doubts, too. But you never know...

Ha! I forgot one thing, too. That's 3.2 in "IBM" gigahertz... who knows how that compares to AMD or Intel, lol :p.

Why don't you think the multiple CPU's will work out well? Unlike with the PC, this platform will obviously have games coded specifically to take advantage of the three cpus.
I agree. It is a lot different than how dual cores work in gaming on the PC side. The games for consoles are written for the specific hardware that is in the console. This is what makes consoles so effecient.

Consoles best at what they do. I think that they suprass computer games for what they do, but they cannot do what computers do. And if they Xbox is going to be outdated in a month, so will the PS3.

-Ryan

n0000000000000b!!!!!!!! j/k

R520 is the codename for ATIs newest video card. 24 pipes, with 32 "virtual" pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom