PC freezes, but works fine with mp3 on !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

walid97

Baseband Member
Hi.

When I start my computer, it freezes when windows is starting, the when I reboot it goes fine, I type my ID/pass then everything goes ok for about 2-3 mins when it freezes.
The funny thing is that if I immediately play an mp3 with winamp and keep it, it never freezes..!!! so thats what I am doing to prevent from freezing.

What is the problem ??
I am sure it is a hardware problem.. it freezes with XP, 2000 as well as 2003. Surely the key to solve this problem is that it never freezes when an mp3 is playing !!

any clue ?
thanks guys !

can u believe i had the same problem walid97.
but it was last year and i don't remember what i did to fix it, sorry.
if i remember i'll post it.

i don't think its the sound card. i didn't have one in my pc and i had the same problem.

I think you guys are nuts.

Anyway...Since there's nothing in an MP3 that would do anything, you should look at what's going on WITH the playing of a file. I would assume that you could try running any audio file (wav, wma, etc) and have the same result.

What's your hardware spec? With all the tons of computers I've dealt with, I have never come across a PC running on mp3's.

well, no I didn't run windows update.. my PC is not connected to the internet..
I am sure it is a hardware problem because I formatted it many times with different OS (XP, 2000, 2003) and still the same problem.

The problem is solved with winamp or mediaplayer running (mp3, wav, wma, mpg...)

do you think it is the SDRAMs ??

I have a P3 500MHz
256 MB SDRam
not sure about the board
3DFX voodoo3 16MB
2 HDs

Have you altered any of the processing priority settings lately? (as per ctrl-alt-del task) [important check!]

Try updating (re-updating) your bios and mobo, too. You may have picked up a flaky chipset.

Lastly, try some different RAM. If you don't have any, you can buy a stick for like 128MB for dirt cheap. It just has to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom