PC Freeze - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 02-29-2004, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry PC Freeze

My System : P3 550MHz, 256MB RAM, ASUS P3BFMB. ATI Xpert128 Video card, 80GB Disk.

The system would suddenly freezes (mouse cursor freeze, no response to Ctrl-Alt-Del under Win98) & the system must be reset.

This is particularly prone to happen when getting on certain web site. www.acura.com is a sure one that no sooner Internet Explorer tries to load the page, the system freezes. Webshot is another. Freeze can also happen in other non-internet apps as well, often while using the scroll wheel on the mouse.

In frustration, I reformatted the disk & got a copy of WinXP upgrade & loaded it. No luck, still freezes, for sure when loading www.acura.com. By now I figure it must be hardware, but what?

Any suggestion?

Old 10-04-2004, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hi there,

I had the same problem with my 500MHz system, it just kept freezing after it had been on for a while. I opened up my tower case and it was extremely dusty and looked pretty rotten. I blew all the dust out and tried to clean it up a bit, like getting all the dust of the hardware inside the case etc.

I know it sounds pretty dumb but hey it worked!
Closed Thread