PC as Digital Video Recorder cum Internet-based Surveillance System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenor

In Runtime
Hi everybody,

I hope you nice guys out there can give me some advice on the pc which I plan to put together, with the following purposes in mind:

(1) As my PC-based Digital Video Recorder
- to record TV programs when I'm out;
(2) As heart of my Internet-based CCTV Surveillance System

(A) I do not need tip-top graphics on my pc monitor as I do not play games (That's why I have chosen a low-end graphic card).

(B) Neither do I plan to watch TV (recorded or otherwise) on my PC. Instead, I plan stream it to my TV set in another part of my house via Hauppauge's MediaMVP (smw.internet.com/yours/reviews/mvp/).

(C) I do plan to overclock in the future.

The system I have in mind:
Motherboard: DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D
Processor: AMD Athlon64 3000+
Memory: Corsair XMZ Xpert TwinXP102403200XL
Graphic Card: GeCube ATI Radeon X300/256MB
PSU: Enermax 480W Coolergiant
Hard Drives: Seagate 200GB Baracuda 7200 rpm/SATA NCQ
TV Tuner Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR350

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :)

Why would you get an SLI motherboard unless you are gaming? There is absolutely no point to get SLI anything unless you game.

U selected an X300 256MB vid card. Get the 128MB model. On a low end card, the extra memory is purely for marketing purposes. Also, the X300 prolly wont overclock that well. As for your CPU, if u wanna overclock, get the 3000+ with the winchester core. Or if ur willing to wait, the Venice core. both overclock very well.

Elbatrop1 said:
Why would you get an SLI motherboard unless you are gaming? There is absolutely no point to get SLI anything unless you game.

Just in case I (or my children) decide to play games in the future.

dhw200 said:
U selected an X300 256MB vid card. Get the 128MB model. On a low end card, the extra memory is purely for marketing purposes. Also, the X300 prolly wont overclock that well. As for your CPU, if u wanna overclock, get the 3000+ with the winchester core. Or if ur willing to wait, the Venice core. both overclock very well.

How do you distinguish the processors with different cores apart? Is it stated on the processor's packaging?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom