PC is built. Now a few quick questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I just finished putting together my new computer, but I have one problem. I have two WD SATA 250 GB hard drives and I dont want to put them in RAID. However, when I boot up to Windows it says I only have one. I went to the BIOS and it says I have two present. I did not configure the RAID controller, so could that be the problem?

Another quesiton are these good ratings for power supply for a idle system:

3V 3.01
12V 11.85
5V 5.02

If you could please answer these quesitons, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Your voltages are fine. I assume you dont have Active PFC, but you dont need to worry about your voltage, it's fine. It is all going to vary a little bit.

Did you plug your SATA drives into their correct controllers? SATA1 and SATA 2? Check your BIOS configuration, make sure you have all the SATA drives turned on. I'm not too keene on SATA, havent used it much yet, so I'm not completely sure.

So it has something to do with the connections because I thought the conenctions were fine seeing that the bios detected both drives. If I were to setup the RAID controller but not use it, would that fix the problem?

no.. you need to go into control panel then admin tools
then computer management
select disk manager and partition and format you second drive
thats all you aint done yet

Thank you Skuzzle.

Can I have one of the more experienced users weigh in on this issue, just to make sure. I trust you Skuzzle, but I put a lot of money in this thing and I don't want to make any mistakes at all.

He is right.

Go to Start, Run, and type in DISKMGMT.MSC

Right click on the drive that is not active and click on activate. Now you have to format and partition it, which is pretty self explanatory. The whole thing really is pretty self explanatory. I dont have it in front of me at the moment, so I cant tell you how to do it.

Thank you very much for clearing everything up. One more question: The RAID setup thing keeps coming up before I get to the Start screen. How do I get it to stop coming up? How do I tell it I don't want RAID?

Also, both my WD Sata 250GB hard drives are only showing 232GB.
Is that normal or is there a way to get the whole 250GB to show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom