pc base unit help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no, the rage is an addition to the old comp. isn't the rage a card and not onboard/shared? if the rage is a true card, keep it! how and where did you get your old computer? did the rage come with it?

my pc came form a friend who works for a university and they were throwing out loads of old computers and the 3D RAGE card came with it.

if i just use the SIS 651GX 3D Graphics card, surely i must be able to play dvds smoothly, come on its a brand new pc!

yeah, use the card. it will let you free up processor power and free up memory for the pc to use. onboard graphics is always a bad thing, even on new PCs. and if it's onboard and shared memory, then it's not a card.

but....if i use the SIS 651GX 3D Graphic that comes with the new pc, will it play dvd's ok?

and i dont know how to install the graphics card and i dont even know the drivers for it! so ill probably just use the SIS 651GX 3D Graphic that comes with the new pc...it must be ok beacuse its a brand new pc.....u get me?

alright, i get you. it will play DVDs okay. but, it will be BETTER if you install the card. you can get the drivers from ATI's website and install them after you put the card in. it's a painless process, i swear.

i'm not to sure, i know something will just go completely wrong, and at the moment the graphics when playing my dvd's arnt even that good, they're not crystal clear, and still a bit jump sometimes but its ok for me....i thought getting this new pc with the SIS 651GX 3D Graphics card would make it much better for viewing dvd's than using my current pc.

and it says the pc comes with XP home, so will it already be installed or will it come on a cd for me to install myself?

XP home SHOULD be installed already. most PCs like that have the OS like XP installed already so I don't think that's a problem. there should also be a cd for you that inculdes XP home and other programs so if your comp ever dies on you for any reason, you can use that disk to reinstall XP home and whatever software came with the comp.

if you want to play dvds and not have them skip, look for a new comp with a true graphics card already installed. i'm sure you can find a comp cheap enough with one already installed. most comps that have the card already in them, have at least a geforce 5700, which is more than you need.

that will work, yes. how much is 49.99 in USD do you know? anyways, the 5200 is what i put in my AMD machine when i wanted to do some gaming, and it did well, but couldn't play the more graphic intense games, but you don't need one that will.

so, how do i install it? could you give me some basic instructions?

as i said before, will it fit on the motherboard?, because the other one is onboard

and what about the drivers, will they come with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom