Pc-150/pc-166? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Pc-150/pc-166?

I know some companys use to make PC-150 and or PC-166. Where can I buy this kind of SDRAM? I ask because I have a pc with the abit-vp6, this board can run the cpu and ram bus at diffrent speeds. So im gona let my cpu stay at 133mhz, and the ram at a higher speed.

Thanks,
CP

Old 04-27-2004, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

One of the few places I found that has link to websites that sell this type of memory is:

www.pricewatch.com

Hope this helps.

The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
When responding please provide your full system specs; hardware and software, OS, BIOS, drivers Etc. You can e-mailmemory related questions to cpl@micron.com
Old 04-27-2004, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I already use that, amongst:
www.newegg.com
www.essencompu.com
www.tigerdirect.com
www.computerhq.com

Haven't found anything yet.... I know the OCZ company stopped making pc-150, and sdram for that matter...
Old 04-27-2004, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

!50MHz and high memory module were non-standard memory speeds so finding that type of memory will be a chore. You may want to do a google search to see if anything pops up. I found some here.

http://www.pricewatch.com/1/33/2625-1.htm

Just be careful you check the restocking fees on the site you go to.
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
When responding please provide your full system specs; hardware and software, OS, BIOS, drivers Etc. You can e-mailmemory related questions to cpl@micron.com
Old 04-27-2004, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

If a company sends me a bad product, I negate their restocking fees. I just report them to the better business bureau. I hate companys that try and screw the consumer. I could understand a restocking fee if you just didnt like the product and nothing was wrong with it...
Old 04-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Tell me about it, you can't find any information about the restocking fee until you try to return it. Then they rob you blind just because they can. If the product is bad they should exchange no questions asked and no charges if the person ordering makes the mistake then it is their fault. Happy hunting.

Closed Thread