Pause every 10-20 seconds - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2005, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Geek Squad
Default Pause every 10-20 seconds

Just built a new system here are the specs:

X2 3800+

geforce fx 6800GT

160 GB Seagate SATA

1.5 Gigs of ram (soon to be 2 gigs)

anyways, i did the burn in tests and ran 3dmark05 and it seems to be running fine, except when I am encoding video and playing a game every 10-20 seconds the game freezes for about 2-3 seconds, is this normal, or is it because i am running an encoding program? (have yet to try out without it running) anyways, i did isntall nvidia display and regular chipset drivers and the amd windows xp driver (did the x16 nvidia drivers btw) Thanks for all the help on tryign to figure out what this is., Josh

Sorry about making this post here, I was not sure if it is a hardware problem or software. Thanks.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

which game are you trying to play?

Old 12-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste

Encoding is very CPU intensive, I don't think it matters if its dual core or not, Ive never known anyone to encode and try to play a game at the same time.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Geek Squad

mine works perfect as long as i affinity the encoding to one core that way the second core is open to play games, it just has a slightly noticeable blip every now and then, mainly America's Army, can run at full graphics and a bit of blip every now and then, for all I know it could be my internet lag catching up as well, need to buy a single player game like Doom or F.E.A.R. to try it out.
"Truth is violated by falsehood but outraged by silence."

"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power." ~Sun Tzu

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Confucious

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Jackson

“Omnis vir est fortunae faber”
Old 12-06-2005, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Geek Squad

seems to do it even when im not encoding, although its much less pronounce maybe just a blip on the screen (quarter of a second if that)
Closed Thread