password

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
I am trying to get into the bios on a thunderbird motherboard. It keeps asking me for the password. I never put a password in it for that. I try to type something in where it shows for a password and nothing shows up. It will then put an X where I am trying to type and after 3 tries, it shuts down.I just want to get it to start with A: drive first instead of the hard drive. Any help here for me?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you just need to reset the bios. the "x"'s that are popping up are typical for any password entry. It's there to hide the real info from prying eyes.

To reset the bios on the mother board look for a jumper labeled "bios reset". There usually is more than one position for the jumper. I suggest you unplug you system Power supply from the board, then move the jumper. You might also want to pop out the system battery and short across the connectors.

Once you've done this you can reconnect everything and restart the system. this should reset the bios password feature to no password.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. I have the book on the motherboard somewhere. Maybe I can find that info in the book for the location of the jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom