partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
has anyone seen or know of anyone who has seen a dell computer with more than one partition? just wondering if it's possible. thx

Yes, even Dell's have hard drives...so yes, you could use a partition program like "Partition Magic" to partition and organize your hard drive.

ok. it's just that when i called technical support they said dell doesn't support partitioning and they can't help me to manually partition my dell laptop. so... but they helped me with everything else, like even how to back up all my programs and settings onto a dvd

i wanted an OS CD from them so that i could delete the recovery partition they put on there so i called them and asked for the disk saying i required it to partition the drive and they sent it to me and i partitioned my drive with no problem using the os cd dell hard drives are now different also you can use a 98 boot disk and use FDISK to partition it.

well the standard dell hdd comes with 3 partitions. 1 partition is for the dell diagnostic module--you can use this partition only through the "FN" key or the F12 function. Another partition is the main partition that of which the OS is on. The last partition is a hidden partition so you won't find in your listings, because it is a backup partition so that if you have a virus or something like that you can just use a key function and restore the system to its original image (thus erasing all information). Standard Dell support doesn't support putting more than one os partitions...like linux and windows because its considered advanced configuration and well they do have a department for this but its fee based.. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom