Partition problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sickmaggot

Solid State Member
Hi! I have a 30gb maxtor hard disk, I partitioned it to 4 parts. Drives C and D are both 10gb each and drives E and F are both 5 gb each. I want to delete drive F and make drive C 15gb. My question is if I change the disk capacity of drive C, will the other drives be have problem because drive C has changed? I'm afraid that my files in the other drives will be deleted or will have errors. Can I use partition magic for deleting the drive and adding the capacity to drive c or it would be better if I use the fdisk command? Can I do that in windows XP? I hope you can help me. Thanks!

You have to use partition magic to do that. I dont think anything else will be affected if you merge F: and C:, but I could be wrong.

Ive actually done something very similar with Partition Magic. You shouldnt have any trouble.

Remember that when you re-partition, it'll erase all data on the two partitions you're partitioning, though.

-SkyHi

SkyHi said:
Remember that when you re-partition, it'll erase all data on the two partitions you're partitioning, though.

-SkyHi

pic.php

Partition Magic doesnt erase any data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom