Partition = Erase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumbleBug

Beta member
Okay I have done something stupid and need to know if I can fix it. What I have done is while in the process of fresh installing win xp pro on my computer I got to the point where I can delete and format and partition my drives well at the time i noticed I had to drives so I pressed to delete both and then before formatting I noticed that my USB external drive was still connected. So I didn't format that drive! now when I start windows the external drive was recognized and installed by win xp, but when i go to start>right click my computer>manage>storage devices>disk management... it shows that I have my c: drive, my cd drive and then a disk1 which says unallocated. My question is if I go through the process of partitioning this disk will I lose allllll my important files that I have stored on my external drive? And is there any other way to retrieve all my files that are on that external drive? thanks!!
KP

You will losse your files when creating new partitions. I would do a google for partition restore programs.

Also make sure you are using the best drivers for your external drive. Check the manufacturer website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom