Panoasonic Laser Printer setup for XP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2004, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Panoasonic Laser Printer setup for XP

Hello, I inherited a Panasonic KX-P5400 laser printer from my parents. They were using it with an ancient apple computer and upgraded to the new emac which came with a free inkjet. Anyways I went to a thrift shop to acquire the necessary connector: Parallel port on mobo to 8 pin bus on printer. This ancient machine was working perfectly and I have lots of toner to use up before it retires. It's no longer supported by Panasonic, and windows XP allows me to manually add it with built in drivers. It doesn't work and I am wondering what settings to put int the actual printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated in advance.

Old 08-22-2004, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Apparently the Parallel to 8-pin thingy is only to run one of those old external 28.8kbs modems through the printer. A regular parallel cable got it working. Thanks for all your support and kind words.
Closed Thread